Scafell Pike Climb Challenge Event 2021
Sky Blue Adventures are proud to be working with Zoes Place Baby Hospice in 2021 to offer a series of UK and International Charity Challenge events. Please click on the link below to find out more about the invaluable service that Zoes Place Baby Hospice provide 365 days a year.
Scafell Pike Challenge
The Scafell Pike Climbing Challenge is undoubtedly one of our most popular charity events. If you are seeking to create a real buzz, while smashing your fundraising targets then this could be the event for you. This highly popular challenge involves trekking to the summit of Scafell Pike from Wasdale. This challenge is achievable by anyone with an average level of fitness.
Scafell Pike Facts
- Highest Mountain in England at 978 m / 3209 ft
- One of the busiest Mountain in the UK with over 100,000 people climbing the mountain from Wasdale Head each year
- Summit Boulder Field
- Route from Wasdale Head is part of the National 3 Peaks challenge
- 3.5 miles up and 4.5 miles down
- Height gained 880 metres / 2,887 feet
This is the shortest and easiest way to Scafell Pike, the highest mountain in England. Consequently it is very popular with charity events like the Three Peaks Challenge.
Scafell Pike cannot be seen from Wasdale Head village green, it is hidden behind Lingmell. Only once rounding the shoulder of Lingmell’s south west ridge can it be seen at all and then only really Pikes Crag is in view.
The summit of the Pike is a giant boulder field, shattered rock of the Borrowdale Volcanics varying in size from small stones to large boulders is scattered over the top of the mountain and down around the sides. Cairns mark meandering paths searching for the easiest way through the rugged landscape and go off in all directions making it a confusing place especially in poor conditions. Yet towering crags create a backdrop to rough winding paths, a rugged beauty, so breathtaking in scale and grandeur. Luring walkers and climbers who seek peace and solitude, for numerous reasons. Or just because it’s there. Why or whatever you are there for treat the mountain well, it was there long before you were, and will out last you many times over.
Start Location: Wasdale Head
Finish Location: Wasdale Head
Guides: Qualified Mountain Leaders (First aid qualified and highly experienced)
09:00 – Meet Up Sky Blue Adventures team at National Trust Car Park at Wasdale Head
09:15 – Commence climb on Scafell Pike
12:00 – Groups start to arrive at Summit. Enjoy the views from the summit and have a break
12:30 – Groups start descent back to Wasdale Head
16:00 – Groups arrives back at Wasdale Head NT car park
17:00 – Drink and Meal at Wasdale Head Inn (optional)
1.The timings detailed above may vary due to team fitness levels
2. The participants can be split into separate teams according to their ability
3. All participants are required to carry the appropriate kit and equipment to ensure their safety on the mountain
What is Included
- Team presentation (if required)
- Logistics(all transport through out the challenge if required)
- Highly experienced mountain leaders (fully qualified and first aid trained)
- Maximum Mountain leader/client ratio of 1 leader / 10 clients
- Safety equipment (carried by your Mountain Leaders)
- £5m Public Liability Insurance
- £5m Professional Indemnity Insurance
What is Not included
- Travel costs to start/finish location
- Personal trekking equipment
- Alcoholic and energy drinks
- Bottled and boiled water
- Personal snacks