Snowdon Sunrise Challenge Event 2021
Sky Blue Adventures are proud to be working with The Ambulance Staff Charity in 2021 on a series of UK Charity Challenge events. Please click on the link below to find out more about the invaluable service that the charity provide 365 days a year.
- Price: £65
- Date: July 2021
- Duration: 1 day
Snowdon Sunrise Challenge
Snowdonia National Park in North Wales is synonymous with beautiful, rugged landscapes and wonderful trekking and outdoor pursuits. The highest mountain in England and Wales at 1085m, Snowdon’s Welsh name is Yr Wyddfa, reputedly the burial place of a mythical giant. Snowdon is a part of a close-knit family of jagged peaks and offers views across Snowdonia, Anglesey, Pembrokeshire, and Ireland. The whole area has been mined for copper since the Bronze Age, and you will find the ruins of old mine buildings and tramways across the whole mountain. A popular summit trek by day-time, it forms a real challenge by night.
Standing at the summit by moonlight will be an unforgettable experience, as will seeing the sunrise from the mountain slopes as we descend. Witnessing the spectacular landscapes opening up before us as the day grows lighter is a magical and unforgettable experience.
If you are moderately fit, climbing Snowdon is definitely within your reach. Although Snowdon is one of the highest mountains in the UK and the tallest mountain in Wales, it is probably the friendliest for the novice walker to ascend.
Distance: 9 miles – 14.5 km (there & back)
Ascent: 3,199 feet – 975 metres
Time: About 6 hours (there & back)
Start/Finish: Llanberis Railway Station
Parking: Car parks in Llanberis itself
Post Code: LL55 4TD
On the Day
02:00 – Meet Sky Blue Adventures Team at Llanberis railway Station.
02:15 – After a team briefing commence climb on the Llanberis Path
05:30 – Reach Snowdon Summit and enjoy the views from the Summit Café
06:00 – Start descent down the Llanberis Path
09:00 – Arrive in Llanberis and finish challenge
1. The timings detailed above may vary due to team fitness levels and traffic
2. The participants can be split into separate teams according to their ability
3. All participants are required to carry the appropriate kit and equipment to ensure their safety on the mountain
- Team presentation (if required)
- Logistics(all transport through out the challenge if required)
- Highly experienced mountain leaders (fully qualified and first aid trained)
- Maximum Mountain leader/client ratio of 1 leader / 10 clients
- Safety equipment (carried by your Mountain Leaders)
- £5m Public Liability Insurance
- £5m Professional Indemnity Insurance
What is not Included
- Travel costs to start/finish location
- Personal trekking equipment
- Alcoholic and energy drinks
- Bottled and boiled water
- Personal snacks