Sky Blue Adventures are proud to be working with Solan Connor Fawcett Family Cancer Trust in 2021 to offer a series of UK and International Charity Challenge events. Please click on the link below to find out more about the invaluable service that the charity provide 365 days a year.
- Price: £1895
- Expedition Dates: September 2021
- Duration: 10 days
- Location: Borneo
Join us on this adventure in Borneo where we challenge ourselves on mountains, jungles, rivers and seas! This is one that we put together ourselves for an adventure that no one else is offering!
- Trek up Mount Kinabalu at 4000m with exciting Via Ferrata Climb at the top
- Go by boat into the Borneo jungle to see wild Orangutans and Pygmy Elephants
- Explore the World famous Gomantong Caves as featured on BBC Earth with Sir David Attenborough
- White water raft down the Head Hunter Rapids through the Jungle
- Scuba dive/snorkel on the coral reefs of the South China Sea
Borneo Adventure – Itinerary
DAY 1 – Arrive Kota Kinabalu – Borneo – Arrive in the exciting Capital of Borneo Kota Kinabalu (KK) – relax – Hostel
DAY 2 – Kota Kinabalu Briefing – we take in our surroundings by the South China Sea. Team briefing that evening and final checklist before departure to Mount Kinabalu the following morning – Hostel
DAY 3 – Mt Kinabalu – Early start as we drive to the national Park and start our ascent up Mount Kinabalu. Hike through the forest to reach our Mountain Hut for the night where we will receive instruction and equipment for the following day’s climb and Via Ferrata!
DAY 4 – Mt Kinabalu – Early start as we ascend Mount Kinabalu to reach the Summit for sunrise. After this, gear up as we tackle one of the worlds highest Via Ferrata’s and climb around the top of Mt Kinabalu! Descend to base and relax. – coach journey to hotel.
DAY 5 – Jungle/Wildlife – As we travel to the East of Borneo into the Jungle we visit the Orangutan Sanctuary in the Morning before heading to the Jungle lodge where we depart on a river safari to attempt to see Orangutans, Pygmy Elephants, and much more wildlife. Short Night Jungle trek with more wildlife – overnight Jungle Lodge.
DAY 6 – Wildlife/Cave – We go on another river safari into the jungle this morning at sunrise to maximise our chance of seeing wildlife. We then travel by coach to one of the largest Caves in Asia before taking a short internal flight back to KK for the night.
DAY 7 – White Water Rafting – Today we travel by bus and train to the Padas river for some adrenaline 3 to 4 grade rapids. Test yourself as we white water raft down through the jungle on the Head Hunter rapids. Return to KK – Night Seafood Market.
DAY 8 – Scuba Dive/Snorkel – We charter our own dive boat and head off to an island in the South China Sea to Scuba Dive or Snorkel off the coral reefs for the day. Return to KK for celebration meal and spend the night in the Grandis Hotel with amazing sunset views over the South China Sea from the poolside roof bar!
DAY 9 – Fly back to the UK – After a relaxing morning buying gifts/shopping – return flight to the UK
- All technical equipment and guides for all activities for mountain, river, sea and jungle
- All permits in-country
- All internal transport in Borneo
- All accomodation based on twin share where possible
- All meals whilst on activities
- International flights (from £500)
- Food in Kota Kinabalu
- Kinabalu National Park fee