Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
EVENT POSTPONED DUE TO CORONA VIRUS SITUATION – IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED FOR LATER IN 2020
Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
Date – 7th – 9th August
Cost – £199 including 2 nights accommodation
- Iconic UK challenge in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales
- Summit Yorkshire’s three tallest peaks in one day
- Accomplish an ascent of 1,532m – higher than the UK’s largest mountain
- Take in the wonderful scenery of Yorkshire Dales National Park
- A marathon distance trek – but with three hills!
The Yorkshire Three Peaks – known as Britain’s classic hillwalking challenge – is a tough 25-mile walk through the idyllic Yorkshire Dales, where you summit the peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, in under 12-hours.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks is a tough walking challenge that will push you physically and mentally. A classic walking adventure that everyone should attempt and it’s also a great way to discover the stunning Yorkshire Dales. The Yorkshire Three Peaks is the perfect for anyone wanting to challenge themselves on a tough long distance mountain walk. This is the ultimate walking challenge and one you will always remember.
THE CHALLENGE DAY!
And we’re off! After a very early start and a good breakfast it’s time to start trekking. The plan is to tackle Pen Y Ghent (691m) as the sun is still rising, enjoying some fantastic views across the mountain landscape en route.
After lunch, next up mighty Whernside (728m) beckons. You are now midway through the challenge, with just one more peak to complete before the end of the day!
Ingleborough (723m) is the third hurdle and the most challenging of the trio. Once at the top, take in the awesome panoramic views across the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
What goes up must come down so it’s time to descend back to Horton in Ribblesdale, where we are free to enjoy our epic challenge.
Distance: 25 miles Ascent: 4966 feet – 1523 metres Time: About 12 hours
Start Location: Horton in Ribblesdale
Finish Location: Horton in Ribblesdale
Guides: Qualified Mountain Leaders (First aid qualified and highly experienced)
16:00 – Arrive at Hostel and stay overnight
06:30 – Meet Sky Blue Adventures Team at Horton in Ribblesdale
07:00 – After a team briefing commence first climb of the day on Pen y Ghent
08:20 – Reach Pen-y-ghent Summit and enjoy the views 12:00 – Stop for Lunch
13:30 – Arrive on Whernside Summit
16:30 – Reach Ingleborough Summit
19:00 – Arrive back in Horton-in-Ribblesdale and return to Ingleton Youth hostel
10:00 – Depart Hostel
1. The timings detailed above may vary due to team fitness levels and traffic
2. The participants can be split into separate teams according to their ability
3. All participants are required to carry the appropriate kit and equipment to ensure their safety on the mountain
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN ALL PACKAGES:
- 2 Nights Hostel accommodation
- Highly experienced mountain leaders (fully qualified and first aid trained)
- Maximum mountain leader/client ratio of 1 leader / 10 clients
- Safety equipment (carried by your Mountain Leaders)
- £5m Public Liability Insurance
- £5m Professional Indemnity Insurance
IN ADDITION YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- The Get Curious Method workbook and tools to take away
- Official Get Curious T-Shirt
- Blueprint to set up your own Get Curious Talk Club
£199-00 per person
£75-00 deposit required to secure your place
£124-00 balance required by 1st July 2020