Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge 2021
Sky Blue Adventures are proud to be working with Harrogate Hospital and Community Charity in 2021 to offer a series of UK and International Charity Challenge events. Please click on the link below to find out more about the invaluable service that the charity provide 365 days a year.
Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
- Iconic UK challenge in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales
- Summit Yorkshire’s three tallest peaks in one day
- Accomplish an ascent of 1,532m – higher than the UK’s largest mountain
- Take in the wonderful scenery of Yorkshire Dales National Park
- A marathon distance trek – but with three hills!
The Yorkshire Three Peaks – known as Britain’s classic hillwalking challenge – is a tough 25-mile walk through the idyllic Yorkshire Dales, where you summit the peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, in under 12-hours.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks is a tough walking challenge that will push you physically and mentally. A classic walking adventure that everyone should attempt and it’s also a great way to discover the stunning Yorkshire Dales. The Yorkshire Three Peaks is the perfect for anyone wanting to challenge themselves on a tough long distance mountain walk. This is the ultimate walking challenge and one you will always remember.
THE CHALLENGE DAY!
And we’re off! After a very early start and a good breakfast it’s time to start trekking. The plan is to tackle Pen Y Ghent (691m) as the sun is still rising, enjoying some fantastic views across the mountain landscape en route.
After lunch, next up mighty Whernside (728m) beckons. You are now midway through the challenge, with just one more peak to complete before the end of the day!
Ingleborough (723m) is the third hurdle and the most challenging of the trio. Once at the top, take in the awesome panoramic views across the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
What goes up must come down so it’s time to descend back to Horton in Ribblesdale, where we are free to depart.
Please note that accommodation on the final day is not included. You may want to book yourself another night at a hostel/hotel to avoid travelling/driving home when tired. Visit www.visittheyorkshiredales.co.uk for lots of accommodation options.
Distance: 25 miles Ascent: 4966 feet – 1523 metres Time: About 12 hours
Start Location: Horton in Ribblesdale
Finish Location: Horton in Ribblesdale
Vehicle: Minibuses to shuttle participants start and finish
Guides: Qualified Mountain Leaders (First aid qualified and highly experienced)
06:30 – Meet Sky Blue Adventures Team at Horton in Ribblesdale
07:00 – After a team briefing commence first climb of the day on Pen y Ghent
08:20 – Reach Pen-y-ghent Summit and enjoy the views 12:00 – Stop for Lunch
13:30 – Arrive on Whernside Summit
16:30 – Reach Ingleborough Summit
19:00 Arrive back in Horton-in-Ribblesdale
1. The timings detailed above may vary due to team fitness levels and traffic
2. The participants can be split into separate teams according to their ability
3. All participants are required to carry the appropriate kit and equipment to ensure their safety on the mountain
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN ALL PACKAGES?
▪ Team presentation (if required)
▪ Logistics(all transport through out the challenge if required)
▪ Highly experienced mountain leaders (fully qualified and first aid trained) ▪ Maximum mountain leader/client ratio of 1 leader / 7 clients
▪ Safety equipment (carried by your Mountain Leaders)
▪ £5m Public Liability Insurance
▪ £5m Professional Indemnity Insurance
Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
£70-00 per person