Beaumond House Community Hospice is a registered charity that is committed to providing supportive palliative care to patients with life limiting or terminal illnesses and their families living in Newark & district, since 1987.
Beaumond House operates over an approximate radius of 15 miles from Newark. Each year we provide care for over 500 patients and support to their families, caring for around 150 patients at any one time.
All of our care is provided at no cost to the patient or their family and anyone can make a referral to Beaumond House, our doors are open 365 days a year and 24 hours day!
We will be a flagship provider for people with life-limiting conditions – and by flagship we mean delivering outstanding care which includes going the extra mile and doing more than is asked of us.
By 2022, our vision is that everyone in our district will have access to outstanding end of life care and a ‘good death’ and a choice about their preferred place to spend their last days of life.
Factors we have considered in the development of our plan:
• The views of patients and carers
• The views of staff and volunteers
• The views of supporters and our local community
• National and regional predictions for end of life care in Newark and our surrounding district
• How local health and care plans overlook the needs of dying people (1)
• The Newark and Sherwood Clinical Commissioning Group plan for end of life care
• Care Quality Commission requirements under the Health and Social Care Acts Hospice UK Strategy 2016